Thursday, August 12, 2010

Opinions on career choice.

The topic I have chosen is my career choice.  I am going for an Associates degree in Medical Office Management.  I have experience in the past with assistant managing and did a good job with it.  I have experience with managing others and only lasted a couple of months.  I had to step down because the responsibilities were too much for me.  Not a whole lot has changed in my way of thinking since then and I would like opinions on changing careers.

3 comments:

  1. Sandy - what prompted your decision to change careers? Do you enjoy managing people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had 4 small children and I was going through a divorce at the time and it just seemed that I could not keep things together. The two responsibilities just did not seem to go well together. I asked my friend the same question and she told me that there were different kinds of managerial positions. She said that she feels since I no longer have the small children and I seem to have things together now, I can make a good manager of any kind.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had some life changing experiences in the past 7 years and am trying to build a new life. I am not quite sure that managing people is something that is up my lane but I have a fear that my physical condition (rheumatoid arithitis) will get in the way of my future if I choose something like Medical Assistant, which would really be right up my lane.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete